Clyde Protection Plan FAQ
What’s included in the Clyde Protection Plan?
The Clyde Protection Plan covers:
- Accidental damage from handling from the date of purchase
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns after Rakuten Kobo’s 1-year warranty expires
- Replacement of the covered eReader
What is not included in the Clyde Protection Plan?
The Clyde Protection Plan does not cover:
- Cosmetic damage, such as scratches or dents that do not impact your eReader’s functionality
- Damage from third-party maintenance of your eReader
- Loss or theft
- Other exclusions apply. See Clyde’s Terms & Conditions for more information
Are batteries covered?
The Clyde Protection Plan does not cover the product battery.
How do I view the detailed terms and conditions of the Clyde Protection Plan before I buy it?
You can view Clyde’s detailed terms and conditions contract here.
When does the Clyde Protection Plan begin and end?
The Clyde Protection Plan begins on the date of purchase and ends 2 or 3 years from the start date, depending on the plan term purchased. The Clyde Protection Plan is active concurrently with Kobo’s 1-year warranty.
Does my purchase of a Kobo eReader qualify for coverage by one of the Clyde Protection Plan options?
The Clyde Protection Plan is available to you if all of the following are true:
- The eReader is purchased by a customer that is a resident of the United States (excluding the territories)
- The eReader is purchased directly from the Kobo website (us.kobobooks.com)
When are you ineligible to purchase a Clyde Protection Plan?
- After a breakdown occurs
- Accessories are not eligible for coverage under the protection plan
How do I purchase a Clyde Protection Plan?
You can purchase a Clyde Protection Plan from our website (us.kobobooks.com). You choose the Clyde Protection Plan option on the eReader product page after adding to cart.
How can I file a claim?
If you are having issues with your eReader, please reach out to the Kobo Help Center. An agent will help determine if the eReader issue is covered by Kobo’s 1-year warranty, or if a claim needs to be made through the Clyde Protection Plan. If the latter, you need to make a claim through hiclyde.com.
To file a claim on hiclyde.com, you have two options:
- By logging into your account and selecting the corresponding product, or
- As a guest, using the contract ID found on your Clyde Protection Plan welcome email.
If your claim is approved, Clyde will provide a unique promo code valid on us.kobobooks.com for you to purchase a replacement device. The promo code will be valued at the replacement value of your existing eReader or a comparable eReader if the covered product is no longer available.
Can I file multiple claims?
No, if your claim is approved, then your contract is fulfilled. You will have the option to purchase a new 2 or 3-year protection plan to cover your replacement eReader when you purchase your replacement eReader through us.kobobooks.com.
Is there a deductible?
There are no deductibles.
Is the Clyde Protection Plan transferable?
If the eReader is being transferred, the Clyde Protection Plan may be transferred with that covered eReader by contacting Clyde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can the Clyde Protection Plan be canceled?
Yes, plans may be canceled via contacting email@example.com. See Clyde’s terms and conditions for details.